Vacancy for Clerk to the Governors & Company Secretary
The Governing Body of Charlton Kings Infants’ School is looking to appoint a Clerk to the Governors & Company Secretary.
The main roles include:
- Provide professional advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
- Provide effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees including minute taking and convening meetings.
- Ensure the governing body is properly constituted.
- Manage all governing body information effectively in accordance with legal requirements.
- Provide support to the governing body to meet all statutory duties.
The post is for 170 hours per annum which includes attendance at Full Governing Body meetings and committee meetings (about 17 a year), liaison with the Chair of Governors and Head teacher and preparation of agendas, minutes and other papers associated with the meetings and attending Clerk Briefing meetings.
Confidentiality and excellent organisational skills are essential. The successful applicant will also be competent in the use of Word and email. Experience in a similar role would be beneficial, but not essential as training will be available for the successful candidate.
A copy of the job description, person specification and application form are available to download below. Completed applications should be returned to Kay Marquess, School Business Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org - by midday on Friday 12th January, 2018.